Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Our specialist companies, Leatherhead Food Research, Sagentia Innovation, Frontier Smart Technologies and TSG Consulting, collaborate closely with their clients to deliver clear returns on technology, R&D and regulatory investments.
TSG Consulting prides itself on its proven track record in providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory and scientific services to the chemical and biotechnology industries. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, regulatory and registration specialists allows us to provide support across a range of areas in the support of plant protection products, biocides and industrial chemicals, including strategic advice, study monitoring, data gap analysis, risk assessment and dossier preparation and submission. We have extensive experience in dealing with regulators and with our network of regional offices; we provide a pan-European registration service.
As a Consultant – Environmental Fate & Behaviour, you’ll blend technical knowledge in the environmental fate and behaviour of plant protection products with knowledge and experience of EU regulatory requirements. Acting as a trusted advisor you’ll be responsible for advising on, and structuring solutions that guide our clients successfully through the complex regulatory and policy challenges within the EU.
Specifically, you will prepare assessments and perform environmental exposure modelling in accordance with EU requirements and prepare positions and provide advocacy on such issues in response to questions from clients or regulatory authorities, as well as managing and monitoring environmental fate studies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work as part of multi-disciplined project teams to deliver technical work including: Preparation of environmental exposure assessments, study summaries, waivers and other regulatory documentation for business sectors as required.
• Provide high quality technical advice and support to regulatory questions related to environmental fate and behaviour, prepare associated reports and represent clients at technical meetings.
• Assist with the completeness/quality review of scientific data according to current European Regulations, Directives and guidelines and provision of general regulatory and scientific consultancy to clients as required.
• Develop/maintain relationships with experts in regulatory authorities as well as being abreast of developments in all areas of environmental fate and behaviour and the potential regulatory impact
• Provide support to business development activities e.g. attending client visits.
We are seeking an experienced, committed individual with a minimum of two years’ experience of the conduct of environmental fate and behaviour modelling and assessments. You should be a motivated individual able to adapt and keep pace with regulatory developments and enjoy solving complex regulatory problems.
You will be able to confidently communicate with clients in order to identify their needs and provide advice, with the ability to be flexible, think strategically, accept and work with change. You will also effectively build working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to promote the company’s expertise.
Essential Requirements for this role include:
• A degree/higher degree in a relevant scientific subject e.g. chemistry, environmental science, biology, or similar discipline
• At least 2 years’ relevant experience gained from industry, a regulatory authority, contract research or consultancy position
• Knowledge of the environmental fate and behaviour and environmental exposure assessment of plant protection products and an understanding of the regulatory requirements involved.
• Strong commitment to delivering high quality work that exceeds clients’ expectations
• Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills
• Experience in recording/writing detailed technical data and reports
• Ability to multi-task and work in flexible manner
Working for us
The Environmental Science team at TSG is a group of environmental fate scientists and ecotoxicologists who are responsible for the conduct of environmental risk assessments, preparation of environmental sections of dossiers and provision of advice in this area. The team is friendly and supportive. There are opportunities to work with a diverse range of clients, both small and large, who are based around the globe. Project types are varied and challenging. The team work closely with colleagues in regulatory (plant protection product, biocides and industrial chemicals) and other specialist areas including toxicology, chemistry and human health risk assessment.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.