Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under specialist brands which include TSG Consulting and Oakland Innovation. We are an acquisitive organisation with our most recent acquisition being Frontier adding expertise in the Digital Radio and IOT space. Our growth strategy has been effected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning North America, Europe and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Science Group is seeking a US-based sales professional to drive growth in the Chemical/Industrial markets that Science Group companies serve in the US. The professional will identify and pursue opportunities across multiple market segments, which may include oil and gas, petrochemicals, industrial chemicals, agrochemicals, biocides, food and feed products, consumer products, packaging and instrumentation/medical devises. The professional will build meaningful client relationships across the US and deliver significant personal sales. The successful individual will be based in Washington DC and liaise with, and travel to, our UK headquarters from time to time. The role will require extensive travel throughout the US to build and maintain client relationships.
• Identify likely prospective clients and establishing initial contact
• Prospect for sales opportunities within new and existing clients; developing strong relationships with senior executives and key client stakeholders within clients buying process
• Arrange and lead meetings, presenting our capabilities, and identifying clients’ needs
• Work with our commercial teams and consultants to sell solutions that meet identified client needs
• Co-develop consulting scopes of work with our commercial teams and Principal Consultants
• Oversee account activities, including projects being executed
• Network and build relationships within client organizations to deliver on-going business growth
• Influence the development of Science Group’s growing capabilities as it relates to the market’s changing needs
• Deliver upon agreed personal sales target
Experience & Qualifications
We prefer candidates to have either a BS or MS in a technical or science discipline, ideally in chemical or process engineering, but this is not a requirement and equivalent experience will be considered.
• Considerable experience in a new business development role in a technology and/or business consulting environment;
• A proven track record of leading and closing sales to deliver significant (preferably consulting) revenue streams together with a real passion for building cutting-edge technology into successful commercial products;
• Will have established knowledge and experience in various chemical sectors and have an understanding of industry issues and the ability to develop a consulting response to these;
• Must possess relevant industry or technology background, e.g., have worked in a business development capacity for a consultancy or technology/ service company in the sector;
• Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated ability to work in a consultative selling environment and a strong work ethic;
• Possess the skills to hunt for new business opportunities and foster relationships with existing clients;
• A confident, tenacious, robust individual able to build relationships internally and is a team player.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer tailored professional training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realize personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.