Who we are
The Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation. We go to market under 5 different brands: Sagentia, TSG Consulting, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting and Leatherhead Food Research. Across these companies, our services span the full R&D landscape from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept full product development and regulatory compliance for the medical, consumer and industrial sectors. We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation and our clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has over 400 staff across offices in UK, US and Europe including Cambridge, London, Epsom, Washington DC, Sacramento and Paris.
Within TSG Consulting, we are seeking a Marketing Executive with a strong academic background and 1-2 years’ marketing experience ideally with a busy marketing team in a B2B professional services organisation. Knowledge of the agricultural, chemical, or scientific sectors would be an advantage. Reporting to the marketing manager, the role will suit a proactive individual who enjoys being a key team member and who has a passion for marketing, science and technology. The role can be based in either Epsom (where the Group has its Advisory and Food & Beverage R&D centre) or in Knaresborough (the main UK office for TSG Consulting). The successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK locations from time to time. The candidate should also expect to travel internationally a few times a year in support of industry events.
To be successful in this role, you should want to pursue a career in marketing and critically you should enjoy content writing, digital media, collateral design and organising conferences and other events.
TSG Forum and external event management:
Supported by the Marketing Executive & Senior Event Manager, the Marketing Executive will be responsible for coordinating TSG Forum’s conferences to ensure the business delivers a topical, well-attended programme of industry events. The role is also responsible for managing TSG Consulting’s European events calendar to ensure that tradeshows/conferences are not only identified, booked and attended but that we get maximum value from these events through effective outreach and follow-up activities. Event management will specifically include:
- Coordination of the TSG Forum event plan, securing sponsorship and handling delegate registrations for events
- Management of TSG Consulting’s European event plan, including researching tradeshows/conferences and getting events signed off
- Coordination of webinars for TSG Consulting, including set up, delegate registrations, rehearsals, and overseeing the live event
- Event planning, organising the logistics and delivering marcomms
- Communication with the relevant TSG teams, marketing team and attendees to ensure that events run smoothly
- Travel may be required
Email campaigns administration:
Use email templates and broadcast systems to prepare and send email campaigns. You will need to set up campaigns, manage lists, run reports, update statuses, manage Salesforce integration, monitor and report on follow up activities.
- Assist with website content management system housekeeping tasks
- Production of social media artwork and posting through online channels
Content production, visual graphics and design support:
You will work with the Marketing Manager, members of the team, and external agencies to:
- Produce content, visual graphics and generate design ideas
- Support development, creation and delivery process for all marketing communication; articles, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, infographics, videos, animations, branded collateral etc – and help shape the messaging and language involved
- Ensure that all existing and new content are in line with most recent brand designs, guidelines and templates
Marketing admin and support:
- Raise purchase orders, record spend and set up new suppliers
- Handle and log email and website enquiries
- Source and order branded merchandise and literature. Maintain stocks and distribution
- Maintain photo library including sourcing new images and assisting with photo shoots
- Assist with journal subscriptions and renewals
Experience & qualifications
- Strong academic background ideally with a degree in a Marketing related discipline, English, journalism or other essay-based subject
- Passionate to develop a career in marketing with a willingness to learn
- Excellent working use of PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Ready and able to exercise initiative
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks
- It is desirable that the candidate is:
- Familiar with CRM systems and marketing automation software; knowledge of Salesforce and Pardot is an advantage
- Familiar with design packages; knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is an advantage
- Experience of updating websites; knowledge of WordPress is an advantage
- Working towards or holds a CIM certificate qualification
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.