Pesticide Registration Improvement Act of 2022 (PRIA V) enacted in late 2022 – what do you need to know?
February 22, 2023
On December 29, 2022, PRIA V was signed into law. We’ve summarized the key outcomes below.
Maintenance Fees and Pesticide Registration Service fees
- Maintenance fees for 2023 increased from $3,400 to $4,875 per pesticide product. This change was retroactively applied to October 1, 2022. An updated PRIA maintenance fee table can be found here.
- PRIA filing fees increased by approximately 30% across all fee categories. Additionally, review time was extended across many categories. This increase will be effective February 27, 2023. The updated fee tables are not yet publicly available, the tables from the law begin on page 1560 of this bill.
Funding and transparency
- The adoption of PRIA V provides the Agency with increased funding to hire much needed staff. Other efforts to increase communication and transparency between the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) and industry including limitations for the Agency to request extensions to PRIA timelines.
Reregistration and expedited processing
- PRIA V also allocated funds to ensure the Agency has the resources and staff necessary to complete reregistration and expedited processing. A Vector Expedited Review Voucher Program was included in the bill which will, upon implementation, allow for the expedited review of insecticides to prevent the spread of vector borne diseases.
- A portion of funds from the reauthorization will be allocated to address non-PRIA actions to reduce backlog.
How can TSG help you?
Looking for more information on PRIA V? Curious how the reauthorization bill may impact your company? TSG is happy to help. Get in touch with us: [email protected]