TSG assists companies understand and navigate the regulatory landscape across a range of geographies and jurisdictions. Our teams comprise scientists and regulatory experts – many of whom have previously held positions at regulatory agencies, departments, and in industry. This combination of science, regulatory expertise and knowledge of how institutions and industry operate provides our clients with superior and well-rounded guidance.
Our regulatory specialists and scientists address all aspects of product registration and ongoing compliance. Read more about the individuals who make up our multi-disciplinary teams.
Product registration services
We help companies understand and navigate the process of obtaining regulatory approval for substances and products. Our regulatory and technical teams across the globe work together to develop comprehensive and effective strategies to address data requirements in a broad range of countries. Services and strategy vary based on geography and substance/product. The list below is indicative of what we offer:
- Dossier preparation, submission, and updates
- Label and claim development
- Ingredient review
- Local representation
- Strategies development to address data requirements
- Data gap analysis
- Protocol development, study design and monitoring
- Safety report preparation
- Chemical safety reports (REACH)
- Cosmetic product safety reports (CPSRs)
- Notification submission
- Safety data sheets (SDS) creation
- Product information files (PIFs) creation
- Exposure model development
- Environmental risk & human health assessments and modeling
- Authorization project management
- Consortium and SIEF management
We work on a broad range of chemical legislation and regulation. In the US we work at both the federal and the state level. In Europe, we advise on GB and EU legislation and the practical registration of products at the member state level with local offices in many member states for ease of communication. We also operate in Canada, and can offer assistance in other territories.
Product life-cycle management
We work with clients across the entire life-cycle of products to provide strategic advice and continuous product management on an ongoing basis.
- Guidance on classification and labeling of substances and mixtures
- Advice on testing strategy
- Guidance and support for serious undesirable effects
- Preparation of expert reports and waivers
- Read-across justification reports
- Responsible person support
- Task force and consortia management
- In-house training
- Due diligence and compliance audit
Regulatory intelligence & strategic planning
Our teams help companies make informed decisions with regards to their market strategies. We also liaise with international, national, state or federal authorities to represent our clients.
- Supply chain risk management
- Horizon scanning
- Liaison with regulatory authorities
- Representation at National Authorities, European Commission, ECHA
- Advocacy and strategic guidance
- Expert witness testimony
- Advice and support on import and export issues
- Brexit support
Product sustainability | Product stewardship
We apply our deep expertise in science and regulation, and broad experience across sectors, to support clients develop and deliver more sustainable products. We help clients future-proof for both regulatory change and market pressures, and prepare the evidence to support robust claims regarding sustainability over the entire product life-cycle.
- Mapping & assessing the impact of the use of substances in the value chain
- Assessing alternatives and trade-offs, clarifying essential use, and substitution planning
- Preparing regulatory approvals & policy positions
- Emerging issues (e.g. endocrine disruptors, persistent substances such as PFAS, polymers)
- Assessing risk to health & environment of products, chemicals, contaminants, impurities & their breakdown products
- Horizon scanning
- Evaluating claims, labelling and reporting
Follow the link to find out more about our product sustainability and product stewardship services.