Coronavirus (COVID-19): Mitigate the risks of spread using hand and surface disinfectants
As the 2019 novel coronavirus, SARS-COV-2, continues to spread, public health protection is becoming increasingly important globally. Products that mitigate the transmission of disease such as hand sanitizers, disinfectants, and other protective products all play an important role in keeping the public safe.
Due to the increasing need of public health products, manufacturers are doing their part to help protect the public in this evolving and global outbreak.
It is important that consumers look for disinfectant products that are registered with the EPA and for hand sanitizers and other personal protection equipment that are approved by the FDA.
Most products available to the general public already have an emerging viral pathogen claim. Make sure to check the EPA website linked here for the full list so that you are aware of the current products that are available for disinfection against COVID-19.
Ways that consumers can mitigate spread:
- Regular washing of hands with soap and water
- Use of an FDA approved hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Surface disinfection using EPA approved disinfectants
How TSG can help
For 30 years, TSG Consulting has provided companies around the world with regulatory guidance and scientific expertise. Our consultants help clients develop hand and surface disinfectant strategies per regulatory guidance. We can:
1. Work with manufacturers to amend label claims under the emerging viral pathogens policy
2. Work with clients to develop an overall strategy for hand sanitizing products
3. Assist in developing the strategy to register surface disinfectants
4. Review and evaluate the data requirements for hand and surface disinfectants
5. Assist with registration and listing of hand and surface disinfectants
Complete our contact form for an informal chat with one of our consultants