Technology Sciences Group Inc (“TSG”) values and respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
TSG is part of Science Group, an international science and technology business. A list of Science Group companies can be found at the bottom of the page at https://www.sciencegroup.com/. TSG also refers to its group companies which are authorised to deliver services using the name “TSG”. Depending on the nature of the personal data, the location where services will be provided or the nature of services provided, another Science Group legal company may be the data controller in relation to your personal data.
What personal data we collect
We may collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us or another Science Group company in the provision of services.
The personal data that we process includes:
• Contact information including email and phone number
• Basic information including name (including your name prefix or title), job title and the company you work for
• Marketing information including preferences in receiving marketing from us and our Science Group companies
• Technical information including IP address, operating system, web browser and other technology on the devices that you use to access our website. Please see our cookies policy for more details on this.
• Information you provide as part of an enquiry into our services
• Information you provide as part of your job application and during an interview
• Any other information which you may provide to us
Where relevant, we hold limited sensitive personal data relating to your access and dietary requirements if you are visiting our premises.
How is your personal data collected?
• Contact forms – we collect information when you fill in forms on our website or contact us via email, phone or letter
• Services – we collect information from you when you provide it to us in the course of us or another Science Group company providing you with services
• Personal interactions – we collect information from you when you interact with our staff
• Automated technologies – we collect information about you automatically via technology tools such as cookies and similar technologies
• Science Group companies – we collect information about you from our Science Group companies in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with you
• Third parties – we may collect information about you from publically available sources, your references, business-to-business market intelligence companies and other service providers
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us or another Science Group company in the provision of services for the following purposes:
• For recruitment purposes
• To provide services and/or information to you
• To fulfil our legal and regulatory requirements including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
• To respond to your requests, enquires or complaints
• To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients
• To transmit personal data between Science Group businesses for internal administrative, organisational and operational purposes
• To prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offences
• To ensure network and information security
• To host, maintain and improve our marketing communications website
We also use your personal data for:
We use your personal data to send you marketing communications about services, publications, science & technology industry updates, events, courses, surveys, promotions and competitions by TSG or other Science Group companies and to display content that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you for these marketing purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests or where you have explicitly agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal data for these purposes is optional and if you do not wish to provide your agreement, your visit and use of our website and/or provision of services by TSG or another Science Group company will not be affected.
We use a relationship management tool (where legally permissible) to assess the strength of the relationships between TSG personnel and our clients or potential clients based on the frequency of the email contact between them. We use that information in order to assess, analyse and improve the services that we provide.
We also use business-to-business market intelligence providers (where legally permissible) to build our business contact networks. We use that information in order to specifically target relevant business prospects to promote our client services.
You have the right to request us not to use your personal data for marketing communications by emailing us at [email protected]. You can also opt out of receiving electronic communications by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any such electronic communication or through following the opt-out instructions provided in any marketing communication.
Use of our website
There are facilities on our website which invite you to provide us with personal data including our contact us form and contact email addresses. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point you provide your personal data and we only use that information for those purposes.
Legal basis for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In particular, we will use your personal data:
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes provided it does not override your rights and freedoms
• To perform a contract such as providing you with services
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
• Where we have received your unequivocal consent
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services, for legitimate business interests, in accordance with contract, and where required or allowed under law.
Who we share your personal data with
• Professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, insurers and auditors
• IT and website service providers including Google Analytics
• Third party suppliers to help provide services to you subject to the agreed contractual terms between you and us
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow external third party providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also provide your information to regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are legally required to do so and where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud or other criminal offences. If legally permitted, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to disclosing your information to such parties.
Which countries do we transfer your personal data to?
However, we shall only transfer your personal data outside the EEA if one of the following conditions apply:
• The transfer is to a country which the European Commission sees as providing adequate protection for your personal data
• The transfer is to third parties in the USA who are signed up to Privacy Shield. This requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US
• You have consented to this
• There is another legal basis on which we are entitled to make the transfer
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
How we protect your personal data
Our website is hosted on servers in the European Economic Area. We have appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access to your personal data. We use network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which personal data is stored, and our IT team monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website.
We note that the information you provide may be confidential and we will not sell or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to any third party except that we may share information with third parties. Please see the section on ‘Who we share your personal data with’
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the relevant regulatory authorities where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right (subject to certain exceptions) to:
• Access, correct, delete, update, rectify or restrict your personal data
• Object to our use and processing of your personal data or withdraw consent that you have previously given
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party
• Ask any questions about our use and processing of your personal data
Please email us at [email protected] and we will provide you with all rights that you are entitled to in respect of your personal data and any exceptions that may apply.
Please note that we may ask for further information from you in order to prove your identity before disclosing any personal data to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. Contact details should be available online or you may alternatively ask us for assistance.
Our contact information
If you have any queries in relation to this policy, please contact us at:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Address: Harston Mill, Harston, Cambridge, CB22 7GG, UK
Telephone: +44 1223 875200
Email: [email protected]
If you currently receive marketing information from us which you would prefer to not receive in the future, please email us at [email protected]
The TSG group companies that are authorised to deliver services using the name “TSG” include:
• Technology Sciences Group Consulting Limited
• TSGE Iberia S.L
• TSGE Deutschland GmbH
• Technology Sciences Group France SAS
• Technology Sciences Group Inc
• Technology Sciences Group (TSG) Canada Inc
About Science Group
Science Group offers independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Its specialist companies Sagentia Innovation, Leatherhead Food Research, TSG Consulting and Frontier Smart Technologies collaborate closely with their clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.