Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting.
We have a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Whether one of our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, or central support staff, we look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG Consulting offers competitive wages and benefits to qualifying candidates. Our Washington D.C. office space is located downtown. We thrive on collaboration and mutual support as key elements in ensuring the success of our business.
TSG Consulting distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. We are looking for an Accounts Assistant based in the DC office, for 24 hours per week. The role will directly interface with and actively support the Consulting teams by managing financial and administrative tasks associated with daily functions of the Finance department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Finance team with daily activities of the billing and accounts payable functions in support of Consultants and Clients.
• Assist the finance team with ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis.
• Assist in following up with Consultants and others in order to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
• Assist with project set up and ad-hoc client invoicing
• Process customer credit card payments
• Other duties as assigned.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will bring a strong blend of accounting and administrative skill with the ability to organize, coordinate and communicate across internal consulting teams. A strong customer service ethic is vital for this role alongside a positive “can-do” attitude and the ability to be a self-starter. This position requires that work be conducted in the Washington, DC office for 24 hours a week.
• 2 or more years’ experience of Accounts Receivable and Payable
• Strong organizational and task management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent Customer Service outlook wanting to deliver great service to all
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including SUMIF, VLOOKUP and data manipulation formulae and tools.
• Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.