Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under various specialist brands and we accelerate growth of the Group by acquiring new businesses to enhance our offerings.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe, North America and Asia with offices across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
This role gives the opportunity to work in a dynamic, AIM listed environment supporting the TSG Europe division. Working as part of a team, you will assist the Finance Manager with the financial administration of the division, including time recording and time adjustment systems, purchase and sales ledger, as well as month end routines and regular reporting.
Key Responsibilities include
• Issuing and managing sales invoicing process for the French operations using the Deltek Vantagepoint system
• Bank Reconciliations and cash posting
• Purchase ledger transactions including checking and processing staff expenses using Sage 200
• Month end Journals as required by the Finance Manager
• Support to the Finance Manager for ad-hoc analysis
• Support the Finance Manager with reporting
You’ll report to the TSG Europe Finance Manager and you are a skilled and versatile financial administrator, your knowledge having been built on a robust foundation of financial and accounting learning. You will have an eye for detail and have the curiosity to ask questions in order to understand our business to ensure the correct outputs. You will have a flexible attitude and enjoy day to day variability in the role.
Experience & Qualifications
• Experience of both sales and purchase ledger work
• Bank Reconciliation experience
• An analytical approach to resolving problems and finding effective solutions
• Organised and able to manage your own workload and to know when to escalate an issue
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience of using Sage 200 would be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.