Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting.
TSG has a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, and central support staff are exceptional hands-on employees that flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the consumer product, chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. As a Consultant for TSG Consulting, you will be responsible for continuing to build and maintain TSG’s professional excellence in scientific services across multiple practice areas in the areas of toxicology or ecotoxicology.
• Provides innovative advice to clients that demonstrates depth of scientific knowledge and regulatory insight
• Conveys expertise in specific EPA or FDA divisions and general knowledge of multiple divisions
• Demonstrates and clearly articulates an understanding of client need and ability to develop project scopes that meet client needs
• Produces a high-quality work product, on time and within budget
• Ability to manage projects and work within multi-faceted project teams effectively
• Effectively manages deadlines, budgets, and works well under pressure
• With senior staff members, manages assigned projects/tasks providing critical thinking (with ability for thought leadership) in areas of expertise
• Ability to work with multi-faceted team on projects and seek guidance from senior staff members as needed
• Models, promotes and demonstrates collegiality with all company employees
Customer Engagement/Business Development
• Responsible for client retention through great project delivery
• Work with Business Development to provide content and materials for client proposals
• As necessary, engage with potential new or existing clients to build credibility and scope potential client engagements
• Attend and represent TSG at relevant trade associations, conferences and trade shows
• Work with business development & marketing teams to build awareness of TSG by co-developing materials or content
You will be an established toxicologist who can blend scientific and regulatory understanding with good interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional project results to our clients.
Essential Requirements for this role include:
• At least 5+ years’ relevant experience gained from contract research, government agency, industry or consultancy position
• Doctorate level degree in pharmacology or toxicology; DABTs encouraged.
• Credibility within field(s) of expertise and ability to learn new fields
• Effectively communicates with clients and ability to manage client relationships
• Demonstrates excellent communication, organization, writing and editing skills
Preferred areas of expertise:
• Human health exposure and risk assessment
• FDA GRAS Notifications and Food/Feed Additive Petitions
• Environmental toxicology
• Experience in the following industries or segments: industrial chemical, agribusiness, consumer products, veterinary drugs; food additives
• Previous consulting experience or equivalent
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.