Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Our specialist companies, Leatherhead Food Research, Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting and TSG Consulting, collaborate closely with their clients to deliver clear returns on technology, R&D and regulatory investments.
TSG Consulting distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. Our diverse, multidisciplinary team of scientists, regulatory and registration specialists allows us to provide support across an exciting range of areas, including strategic advice, data gap analysis, dossier preparation and submission, task force/consortia management for plant protection products, biocides and other chemicals. We have extensive experience of dealing with regulators on behalf of our clients and with our network of regional offices we provide a pan-European product registration service.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and committed individual to excel in their field of Toxicology and hazard assessment within the Human Health team. Our toxicology consultants are strong team players responsible for providing specialist technical services, general consultancy and project management, leading by example with respect to professional behavior. We are considering all levels of experience up to senior consultant.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work with other specialists as part of multi-disciplined project teams to collectively deliver technical work including: toxicological hazard assessment, preparation of human health exposure modelling, risk assessments, study summaries, waivers and other regulatory documentation for business sectors as required.
• Assist with the completeness/quality review of scientific data according to current European Regulations, Directives and guidelines and provision of general regulatory and scientific consultancy to clients as required.
• Peer review of summary dossiers and regulatory documentation prepared by other TSG consultants.
• Support members of your project team and colleagues any project issues they may encounter and in providing advice to clients
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the current and future regulatory landscape, attending conferences to keeping up to date with developments in the appropriate laws and guidance.
• Be a Champion for Excellence, striving for continuous improvements to the way we work, adapting to find solutions to issues
• Provide support to business development activities by providing industry expertise when needed during visits to clients, through discussion and responses to new project briefs and administration.
• Develop the interest and understanding of your colleagues in the toxicology contribution to the overall delivery
• Potential for team leadership and personal development
We are seeking an experienced, committed individual who has broad scientific knowledge of Toxicology and a detailed understanding of the regulatory requirements involved in Plant Protection and potentially Biocides markets in order to confidently lead and direct project work.
Experience & Qualifications
• A degree in a relevant scientific subject e.g. chemistry, biology, microbiology or similar discipline is essential
• At least 5 years’ experience gained in an industry, regulatory, scientific or research environment
• Confident communicating with clients in order to identify their needs and provide strategic advice, with the ability to be flexible, accept and work with change
• Work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, you will have delivered high quality work within target deadlines in a client-focused environment
• A self-driven approach to your own learning and development to further enhance your scientific expertise in what is a complex and ever evolving area
• Excellent written skills, feel confident using computers and have a proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
• Be able to effectively build working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to promote the company’s techno-regulatory expertise
Working for us
The Human Health team at TSG is very friendly and supportive and full of people passionate about what they do! There are opportunities to work with a diverse range of clients, both small and large, who are based around the globe and project types are varied and challenging.
You will be offered a generous salary and benefits package with bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.