Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting.
TSG has a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, and shared services staff are exceptional hands-on employees that flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the consumer product, chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. As a Regulatory Consultant for TSG Consulting, you will be responsible for continuing to build and maintain TSG’s professional excellence in regulatory services in the biopesticide and/or conventional pesticide area.
• Provides innovative advice to clients that demonstrates depth of scientific knowledge and regulatory insight into federal pesticide registration strategy
• Conveys expertise in EPA Biopesticide and Pollution Prevention Division (BPPD) and/or Registration Division (RD) regulated products and general knowledge of multiple divisions of the Office of Pesticide Programs
• Demonstrates and clearly articulates an understanding of client need and ability to develop project scopes that meet client needs
• Produces a high-quality work product, on time and within budget
• Ability to manage projects and work within multi-faceted project teams effectively
• Effectively manages deadlines, budgets, and works well under pressure
• Stay current with changes in regulatory landscape affecting TSG’s clients and maintain contacts and relationships with regulatory authorities.
• With senior staff members, manages assigned projects/tasks providing critical thinking (with ability for thought leadership) in areas of expertise
• Ability to work with multi-faceted team on projects and seek guidance from senior staff members as needed
• Models, promotes and demonstrates collegiality with all company employees
Customer Engagement/Business Development
• Responsible for client retention through great project delivery
• Work with Business Development to provide content and materials for client proposals
• As necessary, engage with potential new or existing clients to build credibility and scope potential client engagements
• Attend and represent TSG at relevant trade associations, conferences and trade shows
You will have a strong regulatory background in the biopesticide and/or conventional pesticide market with good interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional project results to our clients.
Essential Requirements for this role include:
• At least 2+ years’ relevant experience gained from industry, government agency or consultancy position
• Credibility within field(s) of expertise and ability to learn new fields
• Effectively communicates with clients and ability to manage client relationships
• Demonstrates excellent communication, organization, writing and editing skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and Pesticide Registration Enhancement Act (PREA/PRIA).
Preferred areas of expertise:
• Experience in biopesticide and/or conventional FIFRA registration.
• A degree in chemistry, biology, environmental science or related field
• State pesticide/fertilizer registration and renewals
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.