Location: California, Washington or Boston, USA
Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting.
We have a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Whether one of our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, or central support staff, we look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG Consulting distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. As Principal Consultant you’ll play a lead role external and internally, managing across our multidisciplinary team of scientists, regulatory and registration specialists to provide strategic advice and support to our clients around Proposition 65.
- Proposition 65 compliance guidance and related litigation support
- Evaluation of scientific factors affecting the fate and exposure of chemicals in products and development of documentation based on California presumptions for regulatory submission or corporate decision making
- Development of complex scientific regulatory strategies and opinion documents addressing California-specific regulatory programs targeting chemicals and products
- Representation of clients at meetings and/or hearings to facilitate dialog with regulators on complex, sensitive topics to achieve positive outcome
- Review, interpretation, and use of study protocols and results, including toxicology, ecotoxicology, environmental fate and exposure studies
You’ll be an established domain expert and trusted advisor with the capacity to blend a deep scientific and regulatory focus with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver strategic advice and complex programmes of work to our clients.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Toxicology or other related science with knowledge of human and environmental toxicology
- Knowledge and/or experience related to EPA, FDA, DPR or OEHHA and other similar regulatory agencies and the programs they oversee, for example TSCA, FIFRA, FD&C Act, and Proposition 65
- Familiarity with exposure modeling and interpretation preferred
- Proven ability to verbalize persuasive and sound scientific arguments
- Five or more years of experience
- Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills