Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under six specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research, Technology Sciences Group (TSG Consulting) and Frontier Technologies.
We have a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Whether one of our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, or central support staff, we look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Our Washington D.C. office space is located downtown. We thrive on collaboration and mutual support as key elements in ensuring the success of our business.
TSG Consulting distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. We are seeking a Regulatory Specialist to be a member of our Federal Regulatory Product Team assist with a range of technical and regulatory activities. This is an entry level position and TSG are willing to train the right candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and submit product registration forms, reports and documents to EPA as an agent for TSG clients as it relates to pesticide products (agricultural, consumer, institutional and healthcare products).
• Communicate effectively between team members, Finance Department and clients.
• Provide project support working directly with regulatory consultants or scientists to prepare regulatory labeling submissions, product registration applications and other client projects within established time frames.
• Review and compare product labeling and other supporting documentation in an environment where accuracy is of the utmost importance.
• Review client financial information and create accurate forecasting for client retainers.
• Assist with preparation of proposals for new client and new projects.
• Participate with colleagues in a team setting to continuously improve processes and procedures.
• Determine compliance status of chemical substances and chemical classification under the Toxic Substances Control Act
As Regulatory Specialist based within the Washington DC, you will bring the ability to organize, coordinate and communicate across internal consulting teams, externally with clients and federal regulatory agencies. A strong customer service ethic and ability to multitask is vital for this role. You will present a positive “can-do” attitude and be a self-starter within a team of dedicated professionals. This position requires that work be conducted in the Washington DC office during TSGs normal business hours.
Experience & qualifications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail, strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Proficient computer skills and 2+ years professional experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of sensitive business information.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining confidentiality.
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in chemistry a plus.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.