Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting.
TSG has a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, and central support staff are exceptional hands-on employees that flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the consumer product, chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. As a Principal Consultant for TSG Consulting, you will be responsible for continuing to build and maintain TSG’s professional excellence in scientific services across multiple practice areas in the areas of toxicology or ecotoxicology.
• Provides innovative advice to clients that demonstrates significant depth of scientific knowledge and regulatory insight
• Conveys expertise in specific EPA or FDA divisions and general knowledge of multiple divisions
• Demonstrates and clearly articulates an understanding of client need and develops project scopes that meet client needs
• Produces a high-quality work product, on time and within budget
• Ability to manage projects and multi-faceted project teams effectively
• Effectively manages deadlines, budgets, and works well under pressure
• Manages assigned projects/tasks providing coordination and thought leadership
• Participates in the training and development of junior staff
• Models, promotes and demonstrates collegiality with all company employees
Customer Engagement/Business Development
• Responsible for client retention and broadening relationships with existing customers
• Develop a diverse portfolio of projects in coordination with Business Development
• Engage with potential new clients to build credibility and drive new or expand existing client relationships
• Develop and contribute to large proposals and ensure TSG’s unique value is articulated to clients.
• Attend and represent TSG at relevant trade associations, conferences and trade shows
• Provide thought leadership and works with business development & marketing teams to build awareness of TSG
You will be an established commercially successful leader who can blend a deep scientific and regulatory understanding with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver the sale of strategic advice and complex programs of work to our clients while building and leading sustainable and profitable practice.
Essential Requirements for this role include:
• At least 15 + years’ relevant experience gained from contract research or consultancy position and a doctorate level degree in pharmacology or toxicology; DABTs encouraged
• Known leader within field of expertise to attract opportunities and new client relationships
• Effectively communicates with clients and manages the client relationship
• Demonstrates excellent communication, organization, writing and editing skills
Preferred areas of expertise:
• Human health exposure and risk assessment
• FDA GRAS Notifications and Food/Feed Additive Petitions
• Environmental toxicology
• Experience in the following industries or segments: industrial chemical, agribusiness, consumer products, veterinary drugs; food additives
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.