Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under four specialist brands: Sagentia Innovation, Leatherhead Food Research, Frontier Smart Technologies and Technology Sciences Group (TSG Consulting).
We have a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Whether one of our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, or central support staff, we look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG Consulting offers competitive wages and benefits to qualifying candidates. Our Sacramento office space is located downtown in a Class A high-rise building with an attached parking structure, 24-hour security, and various other amenities. We thrive on collaboration and mutual support as key elements in ensuring the success of our business.
TSG Consulting distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the chemical, medical and biotechnology industries worldwide. TSG Consulting is implementing a new workflow database solution, driven by Appian software, to streamline and automate our renewals workflows. Working with our VP of State Affairs and Head of TSG California, the State Renewals Program Manager will be responsible for driving and growing our State renewals business, managing our renewals team, seeking ways to improve the efficiency of our renewals business, build upon and drive change management with our new renewal’s workflow solution, and helping to drive business development efforts.
• Renewals program management and establish operational excellence for renewals practice
• Drive digital transformation and system optimization for our new workflow database
• Communicate with senior management and finance team on accurate forecast of revenue, deliverables, timelines, risk, and opportunities
• Develop project delivery plans, process documentation, and implement Appian software workflow tools
• Evaluate the progress of the renewals cycles and seek ways to improve the renewal team’s efficiency and productivity through Appian workflow tools
• Guide and direct team members to ensure compliance with set standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines and ensure even distribution of tasks
• Ensure availability of financial, client materials and inputs, and human resources required to meet yearly client commitments and revenue targets
• Interface with clients directly to manage and sell renewals services including preparing proposals for service
• Motivate team members to meet deadlines and goals by effectively carrying out their responsibilities
• Roll up your sleeves and help your team deliver on client commitments during busy time
As the State Renewals Program Manager, you will bring the ability to successfully manage and drive growth in a high-volume transactional business while ensuring important deadlines are met. A track record of digital transformation, change management and software lifecycle experience is a key skill set. A strong customer service ethic and ability to multitask is vital for this role. Ability to interface with clients and help to drive business development efforts for renewals services. You will present a positive “can-do” attitude and be a self-starter managing a team of dedicated professionals. The ideal candidate will have project/program management experience or familiarity with Appian software or similar workflow solutions. The candidate will conduct this work in the Sacramento office.
• Bachelor’s degree in project management or a related discipline. 3-5 years of experience in digital transformation or intelligent automation and software lifecycle management
• People and resource management are essential to the position and proven leadership experience in directing the operations of a project team to ensure set goals are achieved
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills that apply project management principles and methodologies in seeking solutions to challenges
• Experience with State pesticide or fertilizer regulatory process a big plus, but demonstrated willingness to learn is required
• Proficient computer skills with experience in Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Appian or similar workflow software experience is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining confidentiality
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.