The introduction of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 which came into force on July 11, 2013, imposes stringent procedures on organizations involved in cosmetics and personal care products. All cosmetic products being marketed within the European Union have to be registered on the new Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP).
To comply with these regulatory requirements, all cosmetic products being marketed within the European Union have to be registered on the new Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP), which was set up in January 2012.
This regulation impacts manufacturers, distributors, retailers, packers, contract manufacturers, and importers.
TSG can help
We can help identify the most direct route to achieving compliance with Regulation (EC) 1223/2009, providing guidance and support on all regulatory requirements.
- We work closely with businesses to develop effective strategies and produce the necessary documentation and analysis to meet compliance requirements
- Our consultants in this sector have direct experience of working in the cosmetics industry and our team is made up of experienced scientists, including toxicologists
Some of the areas in which we support businesses include:
- Ingredient review
- Formula review
- Electronic notifications (Cosmetic Products Notification Portal)
- Cosmetic Product Safety Reports (CPSRs)
- Product Information Files (PIFs)
- Guidance on labeling, translation of labels and claim review
- Strategic advice and guidance
- Representation with federal, state and local authorities
- Assistance with Responsible Person (RP) duties
- Guidance on cosmetic testing (stability, microbiology, safety, efficacy)
- Guidance and support on Serious Undesirable Effects and Undesirable Effects
We provide strong and proactive project management to ensure that our clients’ needs are identified and met in a timely manner.